11. Images should not have text where it is possible. The alternate text is a must as it increases accessibility. The alternate text should be meaningful in context of the image and if possible should be a keyword. Linking images (at least the important ones) as visitor tend to click images. It should be done wisely though. Search engines value if it makes sense.
12. HTML tags like <h1>, <em>, <strong>, etc can be read by search engines which give the data more importance than surrounding data. Don’t ask me how; it’s again the algorithm thing. Using keywords with these tags wisely can boost the SEO. HTML 4 supports a lot of modern tags like <abbr>, <acronym>,<address>,etc which helps the search engine to deduce your page better.
13. There are hundreds of search engines other than Google, Yahoo and Bing. There are even specialized search engines for specific categories like books, movies, etc. Many of these search engines accept free submission of urls. It is a great way to boost SEO by registering and submitting to as many search engines as possible.
14. Integrating a blog with your site (i.e. your site has a blog in it) is a good idea as ensures new content is added frequently to your site. It is a cool method to boost your organization’s SEO.
15. Outbound links should be chosen wisely. Linking to reputed and similar sites will help you also. But make sure the site maintains credibility and page rank otherwise it could be bad for you.
16. Avoid using frames. If you just have to use it then have a no frame version for the search engines.
17. Avoid using flash. And if you must use it, then use descriptive alternative texts. And as in images try not use critical data in flash as search engines will ignore them.
18. Set language in Meta tag as it helps the search engine to index you for a particular language. If someone searches for results only in English you have better chance of visibility.
20. Article marketing is great method to increase the number of visitors. Article marketing means writing unique and informative articles in your field and distributing them across article directories like ezine etc. If the content of the article is good people will visit your website to know more.
21. Use Social networking sites for social marketing. Have pages where visitors can interact. Your blog should be linked to the site if you don’t have a blog section in the website. These all steps promote user interactions and ensure visitor’s loyalty (i.e. they return to the website).